I have a few tips and tricks I want to share with you. They might not be new tips to you but they might help someone who is just starting their weight loss journey.
1. Always eat Breakfast. I was so use to skipping meals and stuffing my face at night that this was hard. I would wake up in the morning and feel sick so I wouldn’t eat. To help me start eating breakfast I started with drinking smoothies. It didnt seem to make me feel like I was going to throw up and I could drink it slowly.
2. Do what works for you. Weather you are doing WW, Jenny craig, Paleo or low carb to name a few make sure it’s something you can do day in and out without having the mentality that it’s a diet. Which brings us to number 3
3. Keep in mind it’s a lifestyle not a diet. It’s not something you will start and stop this is how you will be living the rest of your life.
4. If you don’t like vegetables hide them in everything. Hide them in your meatloaf, your smoothie, your pasta sauce cause the veggies will keep you full and satisfied.
5.Keep snacks in the car for when a craving for fast food hits
6. Make a meal plan it will trim your waist and your grocery budget since you will only buy what you need.
7. Track everything that goes into your mouth. Sometimes we just need to see it in writing to realize just how much we are eating.
8. Start moving. It doesn’t matter if you decide to join a gym, workout at home or start walking with a friend just start moving.
9. Try new things. People are always complaining that eating healthy food can be boring or workout out gets to be a chore. So try something new an exotic fruit or an exercise class that will push your limits.
10. Don’t compete with other people losing weight. You are losing weight for yourself not for others. Don’t compare their weight loss or strength to your own. Have a record of your best walk/run/swim etc and work at beating those goals.
I probably have some more tips and tricks that I can’t seem to put to paper right now but I hope this article helps you. Feel free to add your tips and tricks in the comments.